The Chant of Savant

Wednesday 9 March 2022

REST WELL IN PEACE MY DEAR FRIEND ED STOESZ


I was touched when his children and family sang the Zulu song Siyamb' ekukhanyen' kwenkhosi  (We are matching in the light of God) to show his connection to Africa. He once volunteered in the DRC where he started the printing plant, Jamaica, Bolivia, Georgia, and other places. RIP my best friend ED.
Ed C (Erdman Cornelius) Stoesz (Jul 23, 1929–––March  6, 2022) was one of my good friends. We met at thrift store in Altona and became friends up until his death. Ed was known not only to me but also to my wife and kids as a friend who used to come to fix our problems matters of electrical appliances. He will be missed for his charming smile and question of "Are you happy?" whenever he did anything or visited. He would come with his wife and said "can I come in with my Sarah?". I'd say, surely, come in please. This is how I came to know Sarah, Ed's wife and sweetheart with who they had two boys and girls that are older than myself. He fixed our appliances free of charge. He could come in any time I called or complained about any problem. He further taught me how to fix some of my problems. I used to call him professor–––––something my kids used to marvel at–––––how can a professor that they like to call me can have a professor.  We enjoyed cordial friendship. My last encounter with Ed was just a few weeks before he was taken away. He'll be missed dearly, especially by my boys who knew him as a good friend of everybody. Our condolences to Sarah,  his wife of 70 years, children, friends and everyone who treasured him. REST WELL IN ETERNAL PEACE MY DEAR FRIEND ED. HOPEFULLY, YOU ARE HAPPY OUT THERE. ARE YOU HAPPY?

No comments: