The Chant of Savant

Sunday 4 July 2021

INTERMENT OF NJAMBA NENE YA ITA CHAIRMAN (RIP)

Our Beloved John Njema Ndamu aka Chairman of the People will be interred tomorrow at his Karaihu farm, Githakwa, Nyeri, Central Kenya. All who were touched by this salt of earth are coming together to celebrate his exceptional life. Many would like to know what made this man exceptional. The reason is simple that because of his leadership and selflessness, he was named the chairman of the people, mainly the poor. I personally met this man in Lavington, Nairobi where he had a small business. We became friends. As I watched him every time I was able to, I found that he was a giver than a receiver. For a true capitalist Kenyan society, I was attracted to this comportment. I thus, followed up quite often and concluded that giving was in his DNA. Ever since, we became close brothers and friends up until he signed off. For those who knew Chairman as he's fondly known among those who knew him, his death is a thunderbolt like twang to me. Though everything that was born will go back to mother earth, two days will always loom over me and torture me in my life, namely the day Chairman left us and the day he will be lowered to the heart of earth not to be seen forever. What an unbearable a loss! What a  big  tormenting and torturous blow! As a close brother and a true friend, since I received his untimely passing, alas, I have been down to the extent that my family is worried about me. I am a tough and unshakable gong sort of a man. Nevertheless, I have never been this sad so to speak. The loss is not only big but chilling and intimidating so to speak. I knew he'd die just as anybody will, but not so quickly as it occurred.  To make matters even worse, I am unable to attend his last send off. Chairman will always be missed by his wife, Jane Wangui, his children, Wambui Patricia, Wachera Janet, Wamuyu Grace, Ndamu Adam and Ndung'u Job not to mention his grandchildren.

REST IN PEACE JOHN NJEMA NDAMU AKA CHAIRMAN OF THE PEOPLE AKA NJAMA NENE YA ITA AKA KENYA.
TEARS, TEARS, TEARS, SADNESS AD INFINUTUM
Dear my true Brother and Friend Chairman
I wish I had not known you
I hugely thank God that I knew you
Worthy was my interface with you
I enjoyed your kindness and  honour?
Always this will be my joyous clangour
You will always remain my treasure
I still dotingly remember your humour
Yes, your noble behaviour
Rosy is the chapter
The chapter that we lived with you

Don't ask of whom I am lamenting
Don't why I am intermittently agonizing
Yes, I am heartily weeping
Yes, Njamba ya Ita, it is you
It is you about and for whom I am lamenting
It is you whom I am exceptionally celebrating
Though without joy but tears and sobbing
I still am indebted to celebrate you
Rest In Peace my Dear Brother and Friend
 
What does a human indeed
have in this unthankful world?
Is it not a temporal quod?
What a deceptive wonderland!
What is so important at this confusing end?
Again,  when we weigh the pangs and twangs
Should we complain?
Will this stop death's fangs?
Should we become blind because of the agony?
I am still thankful the life of this man
I celebrate of all beauties we have enjoyed
Our knowledge and wealth do not shield us from our weakness
Death has always proved this
Your death is the biggest blow among many
Rest In Peace my Dear Brother and Friend
Go well and say hi your Mom and Dad
Who knows what you deserve from God?
It is only God
Yes, God knows your rewards
Too well God knows what You treasured
He see and remembers your good deeds
You touched many of those who knew You
What a selfless and kind Friend?
Shall we meet again
What a Day!
Fare thee well Njamba Nene
Fare thee well Njamba Njega
Fare thee well Njamba ya Ita
Fare thee well Mfowethu
Fare thee well Muru wetu
Fare thee well Njamba ya Tetu


8 comments:

Unknown said...

We will deeply miss him

Unknown said...

Until we meet again uncle rest in peace Njamba ya ruriri

Kuria njuguna said...

Fare thee well njamba ya ruriiri

Kuria njuguna said...

Fare thee well njamba ya ruriiri aka chairman

Unknown said...

Safiri salama baba

Unknown said...

It is with deep sorrow to know that our uncle has passed away and it's with sincere heart to send my condolences to the family of our deceased uncle john njema

Unknown said...

Receive my condolences to our late john njema ,we say shine on your way

Ndugu Nkwazi N Mhango said...

We are hugely thankful to all who stood with us at this hard and trying time. Those who consoled us as we wept together. Those who joined us to give this great man a send off he deserved. Above, all those who prayed with us for our beloved CHAIRMAN aka Njamba ya Ruriiri and many aliases. Thanks so kindly once again.
Blessed be
Nkwazi Mhango