The Chant of Savant

Monday 19 July 2021

RIP MY BEST FRIEND ATTILIO TAGALILE


July has been a very tough month on me.  For, I recently lost two close friends in Kenya and Tanzania respectively. It started with the sudden passing of John Njema Ndamu of Githakwa, Tetu, Nyeri whom I have known for many years. Before long, another great friend of mine, Attilio Tagalile (pictured) suddenly passed on without even being informed. His family thought I had known of his passing, while actually I didn't. He died on 8th July and I have just got the news today morning. It is sad and unfortunate for me that in the entire past week,  my bad, I did not venture into social media where I would have gotten the bad news. Tagalile was not only a friend but a brother.  He will be deeply missed. My heart goes out to his widow, Mary, children Hans, Doreen and Yvonne and his grandson, Noah. Indeed, in the world, we are just like shades that can evaporate anytime shall the maker decide. 
RIP MY BEST FRIEND AND BROTHER HAMBA KAHLE
NENDA SALAMA
SALALA SALAMA
ATTILIO TAGALILE
Attilio I am hurtingly calling you
I don’t know if you can really hear me
If you can, please understand
You’ll always be deeply missed
Your demise came unexpectedly
Bro, it came very quickly
It struck me like a thunderbolt
Despite all that 
Brother rest peacefully in eternity

Tagalile my Brother
Can you hear me?
It’s me 
If you can, please listen
Go well and say high to Reggie Mhango
Hopefully you remember him well
Yeah, he’s the Nyasa you worked with 
I knew you through him as a Brother
As an akin, Reggie linked us up then
Dear Bro, go Well
Fare thee well

Attilio my friend,
Your other party Mary will dearly and deeply miss You
Hans, Doreen, Yvonne and Noah will forever grieve for You
We all who knew you will always pray for you
Sleep well my Brother
Go well my Brother
Fare thee well my Friend

Your readership are still shocked
You’ve left them quickly
They still can’t believe what happened
Yet, it happened
You're where we can’t reach you physically
Spiritually,  we'll always be with You
Rest well my sport Writer
Rest well my Brother
Fare thee well Hero

We all know nobody’ll live forever
Yet, we've never accepted that, never
We knew You’d die like anybody
Yet not this faster my Buddy
Pains are unbearable my Friend
When I remember your jokes and sagacity
It is as if it were yesterday
No, You no longer are around 
What can I say?
God knows what and why
Why should we die
How we die
When we die
Only God knows

Go well my Friend
Fare thee well Friend
Hamba kahle Mfowethu
Hamba kahle Mzalwane
Lala salama Mwanakwetu
Rest in peace my Elder Brother
We’ll meet again one day
As come as go

No comments: