The Chant of Savant

Monday 28 June 2021

DEATH ANNOUNCEMENT

John Ndamu Njema (Chairman) (1st June, 1957––––27th June, 2021) of Githakwa, Nyeri, Central Kenya passed on yesterday in Nyeri. He was my best friend. This man meant a lot to me as a beautiful and humble soul. Njema actually is the main character of my book Saa ya Ukombozi  that came out in 2009. He was an ordinary human being with extraordinary qualities when it comes to caring. He was not that rich materially. But morally, he was a giant of human whose  humility, love and humanity are second to none. For, the three years I spent in Kenya, I got two totally different friends. John and Willy Mutunga, PhD, former Chief Justice of Kenya. While Mutunga is humble but powerful in the upper echelons  of power, John was an underground giant who would see you through in any circumstance he was able to deal with. I was planning to go back to Africa within three years. One of the occasions I was anxiously waiting for, is meeting this great man. No way words can tell who John was not only to me but even where he lived in Valley Arcade Lavington Nairobi where we met.
REST IN ETERNAL PEACE BROTHER JOHN NDAMU NJEMA NJAMBA NENE YA ITA aka KENYA
FARE THEE WELL MY BROTHER 
HAMBA KAHLE MZALWANE
NENDA SALAMA NDUGU YANGU
THIE WEGA MURU WA BABA
ALLER BIEN MON FRERE
AND REST IN ETERNAL PEACE BROTHER JOHN NDAMU NJEMA NJAMBA NENE YA ITA aka KENYA aka A MAN AND A HALF aka CHAIRMAN.

Fare thee well my brother
Fear not for this is for all
God is the giver may He give You what you deserve 
God is the keeper  May He keep You where you deserve
We celebrate You my brother
We thank for the time You had with us
We will treasure whatever You did to us
Fare thee well Njema

You were a human like others
However, you’d what many lacked
You were a small man by stature
A small man with a big heart for sure
Those of us who knew You
Indeed, we were blessed and gifted
You made us happy and blessed
Fare thee well my brother
We will meet in the afterlife

You were rich at heart
Many will testify to this
You had open hands
You never closed them before anybody
I am the one who saw this firsthand
Fare thee well my friend

Fare thee well Njamba Nene ya Ita
Thia wega
Geithia papa 
Fare thee well Kenya
You indeed made Kenya my second home
You welcomed me to your home
Of all, you gave me a niche in your big heart
Fare thee well my brother

Blessed as You travel
Blessed be your noble Soul
Stand close to the Angels
May You rest in eternal peace
May your lesson always be with us
Fare thee Njamba ya Ita
Fare thee well Njamba ya Nyeri
Fare thee my brother
Fare thee well my friend


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your support

Ndugu Nkwazi N Mhango said...

Dear Unknown visitor, you are warmly welcome though this is my duly duty for my best friend and brother. May he rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

RIP Man